A trip to Almagro, Tablas de Daimiel y Tomelloso
Stay with cultural and nature guided tours + tastings + traditional dishes (optional)
We offer you an unforgettable getaway in La Mancha, undoubtedly the ideal destination for those who want to live an authentic cultural, natural and gastronomic experience. We will discover the great wine tradition of Tomelloso, how an authentic La Mancha cheese is made, the monuments of Almagro and the National Park of Las Tablas de Daimiel… and we will taste some of the traditional products of the delicious local gastronomy.
The ideal trip for those who want to discover the authentic flavors that La Mancha has to offer
To be arranged
All year round
No. of Participants
2 – 50 persons
Information about the activity
We will start the day visiting one of the most prestigious wineries in La Mancha. We will follow an interesting route through its emblematic facilities to enter the exciting world of winemaking. We will end with a wine tasting guided by a master in this art. The history and the secrets of the brew of Dionysus, god of wine, will no longer be a secret to us.
Then we will visit one of the most emblematic museums of Tomelloso: the Museo del Carro, where we will discover an impressive Bombo and everything about the life, customs and tools used in the agricultural past.
Next, we will go to an authentic artisan cheese factory in La Mancha, where we will learn the secrets of a well-known product: La Mancha cheese. We will go through the facilities of this artisan factory with the help of a master cheese maker, and we will finish with a tasting of this product, which is very popular in Spain and abroad.
To conclude the morning, we will stop at one of the most traditional inns of the region, where we will enjoy a meal – tasting of traditional dishes from La Mancha. (Note: the meal is optional, please ask us about it)
In the afternoon, we will travel to Almagro, an important National Historical and Artistic Site and the historical capital of the Campo de Calatrava. A city with an artistic and monumental repertoire of great significance where streets and squares, manor houses, palaces, churches and other monuments of great historical importance stand out.
There you can find what is probably the world standard in the world of scenic arts: the Corral de Comedias, preserved as it was at the time of its construction, back in the 17th century.
We will do the following tour: Plaza Mayor, Corral de Comedias, Barrio Noble, Frescos Barrocos de la Iglesia de San Agustín, Almacén de los Fúcares and Convento de la Asunción de Calatrava
Our journey will take us to the National Park Tablas de Daimiel, a Biosphere Reserve since 1981 and a unique and characteristic environment of La Mancha.
Through an interpretative trail we will discover the ecological, geological and scenic secrets of this privileged enclave.
From the observatory of the Isla del Pan we will appreciate the ceaseless movement of different species that leave and enter the Park, like the slender herons or the groups of ducks that take to the reeds at dawn. In the water, groups of young and immature loonies, grebes and coots are busy fishing for shrimp. A real ecotourism experience.
- Extension of the route to several days to visit any enclave of Castilla – La Mancha.
- Schedules and visits à la carte.
- Transport service in company vehicle and guidance at all times.
- Option to carry out the activity without food – tasting of traditional dishes from La Mancha.
- Option to do only the guided tour to Almagro, Tomelloso or Tablas de Daimiel, without visiting the winery and cheese factory.
- Visit artisan factories that make honeys, candies, olive oils…
- Taste traditional sweets in an artisan workshop.
- Photographic tour of La Mancha.
Prices: from 20 euros / person *
Please ask about our special prices for travel agencies, organized tour groups, companies, collectives, associations and families.
Pricing is done according to the number of people and activities.
* Includes:cultural and nature guided tours with specialized bilingual guide and/or expert in heritage interpretation, interpretative guide, tasting of typical products (Manchego cheese and wine from La Mancha), liability insurance and taxes.
* Does not include entrance fees to museums in Almagro Contact us.
* Does not include food – tasting, organized in a collaborating inn. Please ask for the price.
* Does not include transportation or lodging. Possibility of free management of projects thanks to our partner agency.
The entire trip is intended to be fully wheelchair accessible and for people with reduced mobility.
Contact us if you need an activity for a specific date or time.